Posts Tagged ‘Dollar’
In Million Dollar Arm, Jon Hamm joins the likes of Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire and Brad Pitt in Moneyball to be our handsomest escort into the back-office world of sports. The Craig Gillespie film sees Hamm play J.B. Bernstein, the athletics business vet who first came up with the idea that cricket pitchers might be re-trained to ably pitch a baseball. As such, he set up the Indian reality game show The Million Dollar Arm with the goal of finding viable candidates for his experiment, and he ended up getting a couple 19-year-olds from Lucknow signed to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Lake Bell co-stars as Hamm’s Renée Zellweger, while Jonathan Lipnicki’s job being adorably precocious has now been outsourced to three Indian guys.
It’s The Feel-Good Movie of the Year. Just as soon as someone gives them that quote to slap on here.
Threatening Brad Pitt’s dominance as most cartoonishly-handsome peripheral baseball entity, Jon Hamm is attached to star in Million Dollar Arm, a film about the sports agent who scouted the first pro baseball talent to hail from India.
Hamm will play J.B. Bernstein, a sports business veteran who famously realized the U.S. could also start outsourcing the waning American industry of throwing things, setting up the Indian reality game show The Million Dollar Arm with the goal of finding cricket player whose pitching arms could also be used to toss a baseball in the States. He ended up finding such valuable limbs in 19-year-olds Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel, signing both to the Pittsburgh Pirates and making them the first athletes from India to get pro baseball contracts. Bernstein also reportedly helped acculturate the players with action films and rap, guaranteeing the two a broad vocabulary of things Will Smith has said. Let’s hope Ashton Kutcher is up for it.
Wareheim make the leap to the big screen in this anarchic comedy about two guys
who watch their dreams of movie stardom going up in flames after blowing their
unprecedented billion-dollar budget. Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, John C.
Reilly, Will Forte, and Jeff Goldblum star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi [more]
That shape being an obese, dancing woman and the accompanying grotesquely-stretched neck of Palmer Scott:
Divisive debate about surrealist comedy aside, not a lot to add to that, really.
GRAVITY - Lobby Cards Set of 6 - Sandra Bullock, George Clooney
|$32.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Sunday Dec-21-2014 10:00:12 PST
Buy It Now for only: $42.99
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
SANDRA BULLOCK 8X10 PHOTO PICTURE 81 G 2744
End Date: Monday Dec-22-2014 18:21:21 PST
Buy It Now for only: $3.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
The Heat (DVD, 2013) sandra bullock, melissa mccarthy, marlon wayans
|$4.25 (2 Bids)|
End Date: Sunday Dec-21-2014 12:27:56 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list
- Bryan Singer is rumored to be up for directing Leonardo DiCaprio in a film adaptation of The Six Million Dollar Man–now being called The Six Billion Dollar Man to adjust for the rising cost of bionic eyes. The doll above perfectly captures the universal excitement being felt over this development.
- If you didn’t hear, Ricky Gervais will once again host the Golden Globes in what he promises will be his final and most outrightly offensive turn yet. Dare he again tangle with the untouchable Tim Allen?
- Ready for The Munsters to return to television as “a visually spectacular one-hour drama”? Well, that’s happening. Expect a call, Brad Garrett.
- Sharon Stone confirmed she’ll play Linda Lovelace’s mother in the Amanda Seyfried-starring biopic, Lovelace. She also confirmed she’d “like to see like big stores like Kmart and Target offer 30 percent off for veterans,” which isn’t a bad idea, either. How about it, stores?
Incoming search terms:
- six million dollar man on Netflix